Sky Sports Resource Coordinator - 9m FTC
- Employee status: Fixed Term
- Closing date: 22-01-2019
- Reference number: 325328
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“As a key part of the Sky Sports Operations department, the Resource team has a really varied remit. We are responsible for supporting Sky Sports’ productions with crew, approved suppliers, travel methods, technical kit such as the Sky Cart and touchscreens, logistics, international content delivery and much more.“ ~ Manager of Sky Sports Operations
As part of the Sky family, you’ll enjoy a generous pension and 25 days paid holiday. You’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Working in the Resource team in Sky Sports Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for centralising freelance-related workflows from across the wider Sky Sports department. You will be expected to create a consolidated, efficient and consistent approach to freelance engagement and usage.
- Manage coordination and rostering of freelance Assistant Producers and Digital Journalists
- Recruit, engage and process Hiring Request Forms (HRFs) for freelancers
- Process timesheets/invoices for freelance staff through Ariba & VIM platforms, working closely with stakeholders and Finance to resolve any issues
- Work closely with the Content, Production and Planning teams to understand requirements
- Work with the wider team to identify, assess and implement workflow efficiencies
- Manage demand and/or booking conflicts through to resolution
- Give business continuity support for the wider Resource team
- Maintain positive working relationships with all Sky Sports departments and freelancers
- Exemplary people skills with the ability to motivate others and maintain positive relationships
- Previous experience working in or around a sport production environment
- Strong organisational, planning and analytical abilities
- Experience rostering and assigning staff to meet requirements is essential
- Experience in contracts, payment and invoice processing, plus knowledge in HMRC/employment guidelines would be highly beneficial
- A keen eye for improvements and the ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment
- A proactive approach to objectives and the ability to own a project through to completion
- Influencing skills and stakeholder/relationship management
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about