Technical Support Team Leader
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: 25-01-2019
- Reference number: 44093
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our OTT Application Support Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Act as Team Leader, enabling the team to provide outstanding 24*7 technical and business application support for Sky Media’s business critical OTT ad tech systems.
- Manage the day to day running of the OTT Application support team.
- Ensure people and process are in place to manage reactive tasks as well as planned scheduled work, including the estimation of effort, resource management and reporting.
- Ensure the team are developing according to their personal objectives, department strategy and PDP’s.
- Ensure issues are effectively escalated and weekly management reporting is completed on time.
- Analyse technically challenging incidents and take ownership of issue resolution and provide solutions or acceptable workarounds to enable closure of the issue.
- Liaise with 3rd Party system solution providers on issue resolution. Attend meetings when required and run service reviews as needed.
- Ensure that application support standards and processes are implemented and contribute actively to their continuous improvement, including proactive solutions for system monitoring, process change, testing, and analysis.
- Ensure that support requests are efficiently logged and tracked through to resolution using the Sky call logging tools.
- Ability to write & run SQL at an expert level
- Unix / Linux skills – ability to navigate directory structures, to list & edit files, to run scripts, ideally to write simple shell scripts, utilise Cron tab scheduling
- Ability to write Perl, PowerShell or similar scripting languages
- Knowledge of SFTP and of XML
- Experience as a Senior or Team Lead within an App Support team within a ‘Blue Chip’ company and working with Project teams (PM’s BA’s, testers and Software Engineers)
- Hands on experience of Agile SCRUM software development lifecycle
- ITIL Knowledge
- Video Player Knowledge and Proxy debugging (Charles, WireShark)
- Degree or equivalent qualified
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about