Technical Cloud Sys Admin
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 43893
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a CloudOps / DevOps Engineer, you will be confident when it comes to the engineering and (largely) automated delivery of the AWS or GCP cloud infrastructure, ideally at Enterprise scale. You will have a hands-on approach and be able to build and operate complex solutions across Sky’s range of private and public cloud platforms.
- Deliver complex solutions to business challenges across Sky’s private and public cloud platforms, working from detailed designs and under the direction of the appropriate Technical Design Authority (TDA);
- Work to create adaptable, reliable, scalable and secure cloud architectures across private and public cloud platforms;
- Work with Sky’s largest cloud user communities to define technical specifications based on business requirements and published architecture and design artefacts;
- Implement and use a broad set of tools and technologies for source control, continuous integration, infrastructure automation, deployment automation and orchestration, and containerization across Sky’s private and public cloud;
- Embed Sky’s cloud security principles into the automation and orchestration of cloud operations;
- Conceive, design and deliver the monitoring, reporting and security stack for Sky’s public cloud infrastructure across multi- and hybrid cloud infrastructures;
- Work with Security Engineer’s to implement and operate the security solution(s) for Sky’s public cloud infrastructures and to promote the adoption of security best practice in day-to-day operation and application deployment across Sky’s cloud infrastructures;
- Design and implement the automated testing frameworks to be wrapped around our automation and orchestration code, to ensure this is working as expected;
- Experience working in a “hands on” operational role working with AWS and/or GCP to deploy reliable, scalable and secure infrastructure and applications in an enterprise environment
- Experience working with large-scale distributed infrastructures within and across multi- and hybrid-cloud platforms including technologies for clustering and load balancing
- Ability to develop scripts in one or more of Python, Node.js, Perl etc.
- Understanding of, and familiarity with, data structuring languages such as XML, JSON etc.
- Experience creating and managing projects in revision control using tools such as Git and GitHub etc.
- Knowledge, and understanding of, distributed capacity management
- Strong experience working with service-oriented architectures such as REST, along with the IaaS and PaaS cloud operating models
- Strong knowledge of HTTP, IP (v4), DNS, DHCP etc.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about