- Location: England - Middlesex - Osterley
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 36973
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
The newly created Commercial Group will be responsible for driving customer value & satisfaction within the UK. This includes developing all pricing, packaging and commercial propositions, customer value management, below the line marketing, go-to-market & route-to-market strategy, and in-quarter trading & performance.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities:
The Trading Controller will be responsible for the in-quarter performance analysis, optimisation & forecasting of DTH acquisition sales, and all multiscreen product net growths, including Sky QMS.
- Trading Expertise – Become the expert in Sky Q and TV Sales, developing a deep understanding of the drivers of trading performance at a route-to-market level, and working collaboratively with the Sky Q and TV product team to ensure that all available levers are utilised to optimise customer & P&L performance in-quarter.
- Trading insight – design and deliver a comprehensive suite of trading insight tools to ensure that trading performance can be articulated accurately and in a timely manner – including root-cause diagnosis of any over or under performance.
- Forecasting – use your trading insight and expertise to deliver accurate forecasts of Sky Q and TV Sales performance to ensure an accurate outlook for Sky overall net growth and financial forecasting. Use the latest tools and automation to speed up and improve the accuracy of our forecasting.
- Trading governance – create an effective trading performance management structure for Sky Q and TV Sales, including necessary trading meetings and insight packs, working collaboratively with the Sky Q and TV product teams, CSG and Digital to capture RTM, customer and market feedback, and ensure that the implications of week to week performance movements are incorporated into the forecast and remedial actions triggered
- Credible and able to present work up to the MD Trading, with excellent presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Brilliant collaborator – able to work across a matrix organisation with the product owners, CSG and finance to ensure the Sky leadership team makes informed and timely trading decisions
- Great people manager
- Able to build a team coach, mentor and train a mix of individuals to deliver results
- Ensure that the Sky behaviours are embedded within the team, inclusive of equal opportunities and the diversity agenda
- Actively manage direct reports and provide one to one coaching and mentoring to stretch and develop
- Tireless and results driven mentality, able to continually critique and optimise performance with a Positive mind-set
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better