Transmission Support Engineer - Shift Team
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 43737
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Broadcast Centre Support.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
The role is part of the Broadcast Centre Support team and will involve close collaboration with other Engineers within the team and with Platform Control, Playout operations and MCR operations within the Broadcast Services division.
- Ensure effective operation of our diverse range of broadcast systems and the timely detection and resolution of faults in order to achieve the highest possible service availability for our customers.
- Drive incident resolution and effectively manage communications to ensure everyone remains informed and reassured during incidents.
- Perform a range of proactive checks that predict and prevent platform incidents
- Quickly assimilate new services and ways of working to support continual change
- Seek ways to improve processes and drive availability.
- Help define, specify, integrate and transition technology changes onto the Broadcast Centre platforms to meet customer requirements while ensuring supportability and service availability levels.
- Provide technical advice, guidance and expertise on Sky systems to internal user groups and project staff. This will involve working as an active member of project groups.
- Work on BAU projects for Broadcast Centre Support. This will include software upgrades and stability improvement work across multiple platforms.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Experience interrogating monitoring systems
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to apply Known Fixes
- Confident Escalating Technical Issues
- Strong reporting/logging skills
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about