VAT Analyst (Tax)
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: 24-02-2019
- Reference number: 44160
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Tax Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
The role offers plenty of variety in terms of UK focussed tax advisory and project work in a fast-paced and demanding environment and will suit candidates with an in-depth knowledge of VAT and an awareness/interest in expanding into a wider tax role supporting a variety of areas including corporate tax and transfer pricing.
- Be based in Osterley (West London). Travel between Sky sites may be required from time-to-time.
- Advising the operational business units on indirect tax matters
- Assist on other ad hoc indirect tax matters such as supply chain queries, customs duty queries and applications for BTIs
- Raise awareness of indirect tax across the business through training and building your own network
- Work with the compliance team on indirect tax filings across the business
- Support the broader Tax team with ad hoc corporate tax and transfer pricing projects, and wider business reviews.
- Be able to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
- Have the ability to generate value-adding solutions to tax issues.
- Have good project management skills, and a desire to learn and develop in an exciting and stimulating corporate environment.
- Strong technical ability in VAT;
- An ability to take ownership and responsibility for assigned tasks with minimal supervision;
- Superb stakeholder management and strong communication skills with an ability to explain technically complex matters to non-technical stakeholders;
- Strong people skills with the ability to build networks and relationships both across tax and with other key stakeholders e.g. finance and the wider business;
- A proactive individual who strives to deliver high quality results and who is continuously looking for new and innovative solutions to issues e.g. to develop and improve systems and processes;
- Demonstrates good judgement and a commitment to an open and transparent way of working; and
- Willing to work across taxes as and when needed and to learn from, and share knowledge with, others.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about