- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 44007
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“Our work relies on building and maintaining the strongest relationships with other delivery teams across Sky and Sky’s partners. Collaboration and continuous improvement are at the heart of what we do. We’re looking forward to more talented people joining our team”- Automation Manager
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Develop excellent quality software with innovative and simple solution design.
- Actively contribute to technical direction of team to follow best practices to develop software and features with consideration of high quality, performance, availability, reliability and secure architecture
- Take an active role in story definition, sprint planning, development, code reviews, releases and regular showcases to stakeholders
- Take a pro-active role to support the current product and strive for ways to improve and scale
- Innovation and introduction to new technologies in team
- Good Visual Design capabilities and experience of software development using classic Web Development Frameworks based on the Model View Controller/Template pattern
- Experience of using a cloud computing platform preferably Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge and understanding of Elastic Search and Kibana
- Experience using tools like Jira, confluence, Jenkins or similar CI, including Docker like deployments
- Proficient using Linux/Unix and can automate a build and deployment process using CI tooling
- Someone with good communication skills who can summarise information, present clearly and set correct expectation within and outside team. Also, should be able to work in a dynamic environment where requirements change frequently.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent industry experience
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about